Released: October 18, 2011
Libraries and Learning Communities (Video & Slides)
Director Lee Rainie gave a keynote address at the Internet Librarian conference that examined the potential role librarians can play in “learning communities” – both physical and virtual. He looked at five questions that libraries face as they consider their role in communities:
- What is the future of knowledge?
- What is the future of reference expertise?
- What is the future of public technology?
- What is the future of learning spaces?
- What is the future of community anchor institutions?
You can watch a video of his talk above or on UStream. His slides are available to download in Powerpoint or as a PDF, and can also be viewed below.
View more presentations from Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project.